The 5th International Soft Matter Conference (ISMC2019) will be held in Edinburgh, United Kingdom from 3-7 June 2019.
The Organisers are looking forward to welcoming you to this Conference, held under the auspices of the SoftComp Network of Excellence (external link).
Confirmed Plenary Speakers include:
- Lydéric Bocquet (CNRS, ENS, Paris): ‘Flow and rheology at ultimate scales’
- Luca Cipelletti (University of Montpellier): ‘Why soft solids fail’
- Stephen L Craig (Duke University): ‘Macromolecular Mechanochemistry’
- Kohzo Ito (University of Tokyo): ‘Tough topological polymers and their applications to energy-efficient vehicles and medicine’
- Cait MacPhee (University of Edinburgh): 'Biofilms: What’s in it for Soft Matter?'
- Susan Perkin (University of Oxford): ‘A Cabinet of Curiosities: Stories of Electrostatics in Soft Matter’
- Sriram Ramaswamy (Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru): 'Fast, Elastic, Defective, Active Matter'
There will be 10 scientific sessions:
- Active Soft Matter (Keynotes: Hartmut Löwen, Dusseldorf; Eric Clément, ESPCI, Paris)
- Arrested Soft Matter
- Colloidal and Granular Soft Matter (Keynotes: Joris Sprakel, Wageningen)
- Interfacial Soft Matter
- Living Soft Matter (Keynotes: Eric Dufresne, ETH, Zürich)
- Stressed Soft Matter
- Polymeric Soft Matter (Keynotes: Friederike Schmid, Mainz)
- Making and Measuring Soft Matter
- Processing Soft Matter (Keynotes: Guillaume Ovarlez, Solvay, Bordeaux)
- Self-assembled Soft Matter
Registration Opens 3 June, Morning
Scientific Programme Starts 3 June, 2pm
Opening Social Reception 3 June, Evening
Conference closes (with lunch) 7 June, 12:30pm